B+O MMC2 cartridge What line grade was it,any good

I just got a bang and olufsen beogram RX2 turntable with MMC2 cartridge from a rack about 80's vintage.How can I tell if it's original cartridge and what quality in their line is it?I listened to it and it sounds like it has potential but is struggling on that table.How do I remove it from that arm?Will it only fit that arm?Compared to my clearaudio Virtuoso wood it leaves a lot to be desired but I can hear it wants to break into 3d sound.
playpen
Thanks Gabbro,how do you like the SMMC1?What do you think about the RX2 table.I have 11 tables and got my dual 1229 and 1219's running again at least on 33.I'm thinking of putting that $50. audiotechnica on one.I put one on my friends rotel and was quite surprised.Am I going to be able to open up the RX2 to replace the belt easily?Next project is getting my mint condition dual 1019 to keep from one channel fading out,all auto functions work,I like the fat 45 spindle dropping 45's.
I have had the SMMC1 for about a month now and I have listened to digital only for comparison since. It is surprisingly detailed, appears to present an even response top to bottom, and has a pleasantly wide but not overly so soundstage. My only complaint at the moment relates to a slight reduction in soundstage depth as compared to my Cary 308T cdp, and the production of excessive sibilants on some female vocals. However, I am only using the stock phono stage on a MF A3cr pre at the moment, so I wonder if an upgrade there might alleviate these problems. I have been seriously considering either adding an external phono stage or significantly upgrading my preamp to something with a good onboard phono stage.

It looks like you have to completely open the RX2 to change the belt; my replacement has arrived but I have not yet turned the screwdriver. BTW, there is a hidden black recessed knob on the bottom of the RX2 that sets tracking for the MMC2; you should check it. If your MMC2 turns out to be in good shape, I wonder if it fits the acrylic adaptor for the SMMCx series sold by Soundsmith?
The MMC-2 is an excellent cartridge. I have one mounted on an SME Series III tonearm that I use with my Galibier Design Serac turntable. I purchased the acrylic adapter from Soundsmith so I can use the cartridge on non-B&O tonearms.

This particular cartridge was purchased as an upgrade for my B&O RX2 turntable that I purchased back in the late 80's. The cartridge ended up sitting in the box unused for over 20 years. I finally broke it out and couldn't believe how good it sounds. I also bought a B&O 8002 table that came with an MMC-2. I had the table restored by Soundmith. Incredible table for the money.
Thanks Siniy123 and Clio09,but what does NOS mean,I'm not quite sure,you mean original.I would like to get that adapter and hear what it sounds like on a better table but I'm taking my clearaudio off my rega.