B&K Reference 200.7 vs Rotel RMB-1555

I am considering purchasing a used gently B&K 200.7 for $1k -- seems like a decent price.

Can anyone comment on SQ and imaging of this particular amp ( or derivative ) - warm, articulate, etc... vs Rotel RMB-1555?

I have a line on Rotel. But I can't swing for the Rotel 200x5 at the moment. So its baby brother the RMB-1555 will have to fit the bill until funds are available. But I need an amp now, so I am wondering if the Rotel's 125wpc x 5 is a better fit with my b&w's even though the Rotel is a lesser powered amplifier than the B&K 200x7 I am considering.

Any comments welcomed, as a decision needs to be made in a few days.

lightfighter2018

Showing 3 responses by lightfighter2018

@caphill 

Thanks.  I have seen the older version of the 1585 ... like the 1095s etc... do you think that the older Rotels are as good as the newer versions?

I have CDM 9NTs with matching center CDM CNT.  They have been great speakers for me.  I know they are not the best, but they are not shabby at all.  Just looking for an amp to make them happy.

Surrounds are not B&W.

And I am assuming that B&K 200.7... is of lesser sound quality across the board -- where does the B&K fit in today's marketspace of similar amp companies?

I know the 200.7 is older from their first go-round... would B&K be on the same field as adcom, acurus, outlaw, emotiva etc? 

Okay. 

So - question - Which is a better choice given my current gears?

Bryston 9BSST 5-Channel Amplifier for $2k used market 

or

New Rotel RMB-1585 for about the same price never used open box at Magnolia HiFi.