B&K or Parasound?

I'm considering upgrading, the research is always the best part upgrading. I currently have an Outlaw 1050 doing my surround work for me, which does a wonderfull job as far as I'm concerned.
However my primary interest lies in listening to music and I would like to upgrade, and separate, the power source for my mains which are JMLab Cobalt 816's.
I think I have narrowed the search to B&K and Parasound. My problem is that there are no dealers within hours of me that sell either one of these lines, makes actually listening to them a bit difficult never mind comparing them side by side. So I come to you for advice! I'm soliciting advice, oppinion, rant's etc. on these companies. How do they rate? build quality, customer service, strengths, weaknesses and MOST importantly what do you think of the sound?
Any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Dave
gazho

Showing 1 response by danielk141

I recently upgraded my video from a B&K AVP3090 processor & Parasound 1206 amp, to a B&K Ref 30 & a Sherbourn 5 channel amp.
The REF 30 is an excellent piece for the money. It has a sophisticated bass management system that really works well, especially in rooms needing multiple bass point tweaking.
The Sherbourn 5 channel amp has 5 discrete mono-blocs in a common chassis. I had my Parasound 1206 for years, it never clipped or gave me any problems. I became sold on the mono-amp philosophy after borrowing a friends Bryston 9BST THX amp. What a detail champ! The Sherbourn 5/1500 is not in the same league for build & finish, but it retails for 1/2 as much and sounds close, with more power to boot,,,