B&K 507 has died. Thinking of going 2 channel?

I have a pair of kef 104/2 speakers that I originally paired with a Nakamichi PA7 power amp. I sold the Nak and bought the B&K 507 and a Kef center channel. The B&K has stopped working and I am torn between which way to go. I am going used due to financial situations (son in college). I am considering another Nak PA7 or something else 2 channel. The Nak with the Kefs always seemed a little dark to me. I would like to be able to remote the volume from my chair which the Nak CA5 preamp wont do. I liked the 507 till it died today. I did not care for the SR10 remote at all. You guys know what these 2 items sell for used, I just wanted some alternatives that would be reasonably priced. I have not looked at the market in ten years so I am definitely out of the loop. Thanks for any input.
tide

Showing 2 responses by zd542

If you are on a budget, a lot of people rave about Emotiva. I haven't heard it myself but it looks like great equipment for the money.
Since 70% is for music, it may make more sense to go with a 2 channel system with a HT passtrough. Since your HT needs are modest, you can get HT components that cost far less than if try to get HT gear that sounds good for 2 channel. Or you can do what I do. Listen to movies in stereo and be done with it. (I find surround sound very annoying.)