B&K 200.2 S2

I am strongly considering this amp. Does anyone have any impresssions of it? How does it compare with the Rotel RB-1080?
frisco64

Showing 1 response by courtvision21cbcc

I have owned the B&K Ref 200.2 and 200.5 in the past. These are really great power amps, better than the NAD, Parasound, and Rotel counterparts with equal power rating. The B&K just has more musicality and still maintains accuracy and integrity of the performance. They image really well, have nice dimension, good soundstaging, good dynamics, good tonality, and have good power output handling. These amps are made to last long, never had a problem with them, good solid build quality, not made overseas. If you want a good two channel amp the 200.2 is a good choice, but if you can swing for the bigger 200.5, this amp does even better on two channel operation. The 200.5 has a bigger toroidal transformer and beefier caps, this yields more power reserves and effortlessness, speedier reaction time, more dynamic, more attack, and increased stage size , that's what I noticed when I switched to the 200.5. It also has another 3 channels for your home theatre spekaers, so it can be versatile and future ready. Or you can use four channels to bi-amp your front two speakers and use the remaining channel for the center. Lots of possibilities and at the same time it provides better two channel performance over the smaller 200.2.