Azimuth 2020

How do you set your cart's azimuth in the 21st century?
128x128fuzztone
That's not really true. "Crosstalk" is not a matter of being accurate. You can maximize the minimum crosstalk, i.e. lowest in each direction, or maximize the total cross talk. Neither is going to optimize azimuth which is accurate orientation of the stylus w.r.t. the groove.
Optimizing the left and right channel frequency response at high frequencies, i.e. >20KHz, appears to be the best measure of accurate azimuth. This is not the same as low frequency channel balance.

There is no RIGHT or WRONG setting or answer.
Well what you mention is what I meant: maximize the minimum, minimize the numbers, however you want to describe it.
Crosstalk always falls under the discussion of azimuth, hence the title of this thread and it was mentioned, so people are talking about it.
The point is, you can adjust one or the other till you die as the setting will never be 100% perfect, considering you have zero control over the playing surface and how a record was mixed, mastered, cut and pressed, even test records vary.

I have been using TTs for about 40yrs and have had many tables and different carts including some 3x as much as what I have now. Back in the day setting azimuth by eye and using a volt meter never got me the sonic results I get now with the Foz. Once plugged in takes less than 5 min to get all readings.
My soundstage is beyond wall to wall, I have almost no surface noise and wide dynamics and high resolution.

I'm very happy! 
Control of cutting heads is pretty accurate, and pressing would not impart angle accuracy. It would be highly unlikely the grooves would be out of alignment by more than say 0.05 degrees, and likely less.  I don't know all the inner workings of the Foz, but based on the stated method of crosstalk, I can tell you it is not optimizing azimuth, which means it is not optimizing what the needle can extract from the record.
Robert, please define “optimizing the left and right channel high frequency response “ for frequency >20khz and how you would do it. Thx.
I don't know all the inner workings of the Foz, but based on the stated method of crosstalk, I can tell you it is not optimizing azimuth, which means it is not optimizing what the needle can extract from the record.
I guess you should contact Jim Fosgate and help him create a better and more accurate device.
I have done a crosstalk measurement using a DMM after setting with Foz, my results gave me a crosstalk of more than 32dB using 1KHz tone, which lines up with the Lyra spec. Also using the Wally chart the channel difference is less than 1dB.
I'm sure this is not always spot on every time, but it remains the range I get when I do test.
Again, everyone should align with what they are comfortable with and then listen and reset as needed till you hear improvement. Then sit back and enjoy...why beat your head against the wall?? 
It will never be 100% perfect, analog records and turntables are a mechanical moving physical media, get as close as you can. 
Very interesting discussion. BTW there is a new tool on the market, built by Sperling, the German Phono builder: PDM-1 by Sperling Audio. Looks much more serious than the Fozgometer. I have no experience with it.

usually I prefer adjusting Azimuth with well known puristic recorded LPs. I am not looking at the center stage reproduction rather than at an equally room reproduction in both channels and at the straight edge on the sides and rear of the mapped room.

If you know where to listen to it is very simple. With perfect Azimuth alignment it is all about degrees... it is about arc minutes (=1/60 degree) or about arc seconds (=1/3600 degree!!)...

Best
E.

Not sure why I would give a company free consulting. Fosgate device is just one method. Not my fault it does not properly set azimuth for cartridges without perfect manufacturing.
Lewm, I linked an article with graphs that show high frequency response with and without proper azimuth alignment.
I guess I will find out about the two tools, perfectly manufactured and aligned and do report about my findings.

best
E.
I ever made the following joke. ''Are you listing to the music?''
''No I am still adjusting''...
I use those small ''levels'' on the headshell (on the record). The
job of the manufacturers is to produce correct cartridges without
''deviations''. If so than ''parallel adjsutment'' should do. Those who
own many cartridges and enjoy their ''rulation'' have no time
for ''endless djustment''. 
I still use a MOFI Geodisc. Works pretty good for me on SME V arms. Make minor adjustments and and tweaks if needed afterwards. Rock solid imaging without sibilants.  
Physically it is the best way what Nandric, Lewm, and audioquest4life experience. Nevertheless I am curious if electronic measurements do mirror our listening findings.

best
E.