Ayre VX-5 vs. darTZeel NHB-108

Has anyone heard both and can compare them?  Or heard one and can describe it?
I'm using very linear mono tube amps now

Don't need a lot of power.  Speakers are 88 db/w/m.
128x128brianlucey
As the importer of darTZeel you could say I am biased, but aren't we all  once we hear something or own something? That being said, having had a great deal of experience with Ayre, I assure you there really is no comparison.  When it comes to sonics and build quality the darTZeel is easily the superior. Not close.
There is an organic, natural sound presented by the darTZeel. It is very lifelike with super clarity. While the Ayre is decent, it really is not a fair comparison. The Ayre will do a better job with speakers that have extremely difficult loads.

If you have never heard the darTZeel, you really should. You will be hooked.
This is not a fair comparison. The darTZeel NHB 108 should be compared to the Ayre MXR 20 monoblocks (in price). The build quality of Ayre MXR 20s is top notch. Since I have not personally owned the darTZeel amp in question, I will not comment on its build quality (unlike the darTZeel importer who did not waste anytime denigrating the Ayre amp which is much cheaper than the darTZeel in question).
I have an all Ayre system....amp, preamp, CD, .....all worked perfectly out of the shipping box about 8 years ago, and remains the same today. Their upgrade service is wonderful. I have experience with many brands, but this was the most trouble free and musically satisfying. You should listen to all brands and bring home the one that touches you. Be sure to listen to the Ayre in fully balanced mode.....it sounds even better than single ended.