Ayre MX-R Twnenty instead of Audio research Ref 250SE

Wondering if I can replace my ARC 250SE with Ayre MX-R Twenty to save on tube cost in the long run . Also tubes are causing heat issues in my room . I don't want to compromise audio quality with this switch though. 

My other components are

Vandersteen 7
ARC ref 5SE
ARC Ref 2SE
veerapaneni
Replaced a VAC tube amp with the Ayre VX5/20 and love the presentation.  Still have a VAC tube preamp.  You will save on power tubes but the Ayre amps can produce some heat in the room.
I am sticking with my Ref 250E Amps until i have money to upgrade to Vandersteen M7-HPA Amp..
.....a great question....both the ARC and Ayre are top notch with slighly different virtues....I chose a VXR-Twenty but it was close...heat also ruled the day for me....
some say the VX-R is better than the MX, perhaps due to ground plane issues, number of output devices....Randy took mine in trade towards the M7 HPA......which are sublime.......I have had mine for about 400 hours now and I listen for hours and hours.....always meaning to write a review...never finding time for it.....
Here ya go......

Listening notes Vandersteen M7-HPA amplifiers

Crates on a custom pallet, ratchet ties downs, cushion skid,  heavy shrink wrap....get out the screw gun !

Unbox straight forward, two person lift out of the box, the handle on front and orientation of rear handle are genius - especially compared to the smooth featureless obelisk of the 92# Ayre. Included are aluminum floor saver discs for those on tile or wood and spacers to gain cooling clearance over carpet.

Since they came out, I was ambivalent  at best about the amplifier Aesthetics- yes I love my Model 7 mk2 painted in Audi Phantom Black pearl  automotive grade finish. When located next to the 7 with the carbon fiber amplifier covers painted to match I began to really appreciate  just how cool they ( the amplifiers ) look and feel

For example the carbon fiber cover must be removed to unlock the HRS suspension. Remove 10 aerospace grade fasteners to reveal the inside structure with a co-cured bulkhead stiffener and all ten precision nut plates epoxied in exactly the right location. Remove 4 screws and some plastic shipping blocks ( clever - there is storage accommodations inside the cover) and free up the isolation system - same technology that goes into HRS racks and amp stands except built in, so you save $$$ and it sounds better out of the box!

Note I violated the cardinal rules of changing two things at same time - Amps and Audioquest Wild cables, no avoiding that...as I went stereo amp to monoblocks necessary longer cables

And due to travel, I have not heard the 7 in my system for almost 3 months

I also violated the cardinal rule of cable break in...as I needed longer XLR to reach the right speaker I had to change cables from my well known and well worn “ affordable “ reference AQ Niagara.

Holy Wow!!!!!!

Bass, mid bass pitch definition +++

Image depth much greater and individual voices / instruments better delineated in space

The music: 

Piano much more percussive, especially in lower 1/3 of registers

Image depth changes vocal perception greatly - not singing into the mike much more apparent or different microphones used in varied locations more apparent

Very high definition, hearing some things I never heard before

Audience vocal intelligibility greatly improved - Jackson Browne -Birds of St. Marks audience...

Delineation between instruments and voices ( try any 2L massed chorale ) is fantastic 

Treble very rolled off when cold/ cold, but not when coming up from standby which is the norm after you get them setup

Coolant Pump totally silent

Stock factory cords ( beefy ), why cream color ? I have no great desire to change them.... on my Ayre a high end MIT choked the soundstage....

While I have 3 Dedicated circuits for subs and each channel, I am currently running them on two with the switching amp and analog each on a separate circuit- will change and listen....

Loving what they do !!!!!