Ayre introduces the AX-8 integrated amp

Ayre Acoustics introduces the brand new 8 Series Components. The 8 series will fit into their product range below the new 5 series, taking the place of the discontinued 9 and 7 series and the older 5 series products. The price range of the 8 series is planned to be between $2,500 - $8,000 US Retail.

The first two products which are showing in Munich are the AX-8 integrated amplifier (with digital inputs including streaming) and the QX-8 digital hub (also with streaming) and like all Ayre components, they will be hand-built in Boulder, CO.

https://wizard-highend.blogspot.com/2017/05/ayre-ax-8-qx-8.html?m=1

http://ciamara.com/new-ayre-8-series-components-coming-fall/

hgeifman
Additional email from Ayre:

“Ayre Moving Forward, Hello Everyone,

As you can probably imagine the last couple of months at Ayre have been emotional and somewhat disorganized. We all feel the loss of Charley and we will miss him greatly.

Fortunately, two years ago we began the process of re-organizing Ayre—at Charley's insistence—to be able to exist without him. It was a long process and there were a lot of difficult conversations. We thankfully had the help of our friend and consultant, Ian Kendrick, to assist us with this process.

All of this work has resulted in a very resilient company which will be able to carry on Charley's work for decades to come. We have both an advisory board and executive board in place to steer the company and two years worth of product designs that we are excited to bring to market.

While we can never replace Charley, we will be bringing in additional people and resources to our R&D department. These resources will help support Ariel Brown (VP and CTO), who worked side-by-side with Charley for the last 21 years, and Brendan Boyle (Software Engineer). This way we can continue to deliver the innovative products you expect from us.

Thank you for your continued support and help in keeping Charley's spirit alive!

The Ayre Team”
@hgeifman Thanks for posting that. Is that what you get if you sign up for updates? I guess I should do that!

The situation at Ayre sounds even better than I was guessing. So, EX-8, QX-8; KX-8 and VX-8 must be standalone preamp and amp with another 2-3 other products. Probably an integrated w/o the onboard DAC (AX-8?).  I wonder if a disc spinner will be one of the others. I wish them well and can't wait to hear the QX-8.
@beetlemania, Yes, I signed up for updates on the Ayre Acoustics web site.   Unfortunately, I looked on their web site and cannot find the section to sign up.  I suggest you either call them or send them an email.
@hgeifman I found a hotlink "Newsletter" on their homepage. I all signed up now.
Does anyone have pricing information on the new Ayre EX-8 integrated amplifier / DAC?   The unit is scheduled to be shipped during the first week in February.  

Will the Ayre EX-8 amplifier have analog inputs? I am currently using my Ayre AX-7e amplifier in my 2 channel home theater system and run RCA connections from my TiVo cable box to the Ayre amplifier and also run balanced XLR connections from my Ayre Codex DAC to my Ayre AX-7e amplifier.