Ayre CX7-e vs. Cary 303-300

I'm looking for more air and dynamic sparkle. Suggestions or experience between these two CDP's would be appreciated.
I have recently recieved my Acoustic Zen Adagios and I will be runing them with my Cary CAD-200, also I will be demoing Nuforce 9.0'se and hopefully a pair of Red Dragon Leviathans. AZ holograms for the speaker cables and Silver Ref II ic's. Preamp is still up in the air, though it's been suggested I look for a balanced pre to use with ICEpower. Currently SLP-98.
kltracey

Showing 1 response by tboooe

I have not heard the Ayre but I do have the Cary 303/300 cdp. I am very happy with this unit. I do not use the tube output as I feel that the ss output is more dynamic. That being said, I have not done any tube rolling. From what I hear, getting the right tubes can really make this cdp sing! To me, the Cary just does everything right. Its sound is a tiny bit dark but I prefer a slightly warmer sounding system. The build quality is excellent. I hope this helps. From my experiences listening to Ayre pres and amps, I think you may prefer the CX7-e.

By the way, I also the AZ Silver Ref II IC's.

In terms of pre, have you looked at the Cary slp-05? Its supposed to be awesome!