Ayone know the wattage used at a Rock concert?

I just attended a Dave Matthews concert last night at a large outdoor venue (very good show). The sound level was incredible, the bass was chest thumping. I'm wondering what type of amplification is used at something like this, ie, number of amps, type of amps, number of watts, that type of thing. Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I kinda like trivial knowlegde of this sort. Thanks.
mijknarf

Showing 1 response by autosound190dbl

Well i heard some loud concerts in my day. But in 95 i was working for pro audio and i was a record holder for that year a us auto sound compition in kansas city. Our van produced 191 dbs which was a record you could her it a 2 1/2 miles away. That was 22000 watts. But as for concerts. ive worked as a sound tech and on average 30,000 or more depends on what kind of music. Ive worked with groups like Alabama and the use 40,000 watts but look at pantera who used 25,000 watts, but you have to mention a group like scorpions 60,000 watts but remember we are talking about bands that could rock 20,000 crazy fans and still could be louder. A b1 bomber her tubines can produce well over 250 dbs at half throtle witch could damage or even kill.so sound all you have to remember that 1000 watts with no obstuctions can carry to the horizonĀ