Axpona 2022

I attended the show yesterday. I did enjoyed it   My favorite room is the Nenuphar,room with silversmith Cables.I think they are using Pass labs or ayre gear sorry I can’t remember..For the first time magico Speakers And synergistic Cables impress me big time..Audiokinesis Plexi box speakers sounds are mimicking the nenuphar basis 26 k. The Piega room with Rose gears is amazing.

128x128jayctoy

Showing 3 responses by grannyring

Ocean Way Audio Eureka speakers in the AGD room were fantastic! High Water room with Cessaro speakers was my favorite.  

The Borresen and Atohm rooms were focused on displaying these speaker’s huge and explosive sound in a small package. Sort off showing off sonic feats of strength. Yes, impressive in how they seemed to defy the laws of physics with their small drivers. Did they engage us musically? No. All head, no heart and soul to us.

Many others loved them! No right or wrong as this just shows how subjective this hobby is.

Most of the rooms were simply too loud to enjoy forcing us out! This needs to be addressed in my opinion. When lowered by 3-6db all would be far better.  

I find this hobby so interesting.  Reviewers on YouTube are saying the two large Wilson rooms sounded fantastic and impressive. My wife and I could not enjoy the music in these rooms.  Not at all engaging and rather reproduced and electronic sounding to our ears. 

In fact most of the big dollar rooms sounded this way to us. We felt many of the smaller speakers and systems sounded best at the show. Examples include Ocean Wave Audio in the AGD room, Valorem stand mount speakers and Alta Audio Adam speakers in three different rooms sounded wonderful.