Axpona 2019

List your best stops on Friday. Lobby bar not included.

1. Sanders
2. Spatial
3. Vimberg 

I am barely 1/2 thru as of Friday eve.

I need yours asap for the weekend please.
128x128firstnot
-The Audio Note room with the live professional Cellist was the Class
 Touch of the show. Thank you.

-The Carver Towers were decent but that room guy never stopped his mouth. Carver seemed like the discount Laufer. Somebody needs to be.

-Way too many rooms picked POOR music. Shall I say it again?
These people are in the sound business. I am hands up over the situation as my Korean friends used to say.

-Yes Technics missed the boat. The 40.2 Harbeths sounded worse that the 30.2s next door at less than 1/2 the price. Room was way too small.
Thanks for closing the door early by the way. People were wanting in.
Some bad vibes there.

-Sanders anemic??? Wow you heard something nobody else I spoke   with did.
Von Schweikert Ultra 11 speakers would stop you in your tracks as you walked by the door. At $300k you do get something pretty good.
I've not been to an audio show in almost 3 decades so was a bit overwhelmed and only had 3 hours to make sense of things. I decided that I was going to simply see which rooms automatically engaged me with the music played, I imagine the type of music and recording factored heavily.  I found myself most engaged in the parasound/buchardt room and the Wharfedale linton room, that was good news considering they are amongst the lowest priced speakers at the show. I also heard the Kii 3 (with the new lower section), maybe it was the recording, everything was solid and tight but I found the experience fatiguing. I feel sometimes I have a reverse placebo effect, the bigger and more elaborate looking the set up the higher the expectation is to be somehow floored, the tiny buchardts by contrast seemed to make a sound that belied what you were in front of. The lintons were playing a heavy electronic track which I enjoyed, they might be coloured and tubby sounding? but at that moment I was really enjoying myself.
My picked. Bending wave room, Magico set up with Krell sounded good but mechanical sound, Most balance on towers speakers Gryphon room... monitors Vanalstine room , Devore room wavac combo very musical, very impresss with the new Elac ribbon monitors.