Axpona 2019

List your best stops on Friday. Lobby bar not included.

1. Sanders
2. Spatial
3. Vimberg 

I am barely 1/2 thru as of Friday eve.

I need yours asap for the weekend please.
128x128firstnot

Showing 1 response by instlouis

First timer at AXPONA.   First off, really enjoyed the venue. Lots of walking, typical elevator waits on Saturday.  Friday we had primo access to rooms and sweet spots, plus one-on-one conversations with owners, engineers, and knowledgeable staff.  ( and easier possibility of listening  our choice of music ... although we should have pre-warned Hungarian designers/engineer, Zoltan Bay from Bayz Audio exactly what would happen when he played our Yello selection ( "Shake & Shiver" )  on their $95,000 "Counterpoint" masterpiece. First of all, it was magnificent +  and showed the excellence of his company's work !  Secondly, it cleared the room of most of the "classically inclined" listeners. And "yes" he refused to recognize any of our further requests. ( But if I had the money, I would own these ! ) 

I disagree with audiotroy on the Carver speakers. I found them quite enjoyable. 

The Vandy Wood CT's and Magico's were a disappointment .  (Sadly stated ) 

I was pleased with the Audiovector SR3 Avantgarde Arrete' ,  the Atohm GT3's , the Triangle Magellan Quatour's, and the Muraudio SP1's  . 

A standout moment was in the Jeff Rowland room w/ Vivid Audio Kaya 90 's when a gentleman named Myles ( reviewer ? ) pulled an album by Dead Can Dance and wowed everyone in the packed room for a solid 15+ minutes of pure magic. 

The B&W300 D3's in the Audioquest room were stunning as were the 802 D3 Prestiges's in a MacIntosh room. ( I own 802D2's ) 

It was pleasure to meet Yutaka Miura of ATM and Paul McGowan of PS Audio ( My Hero ), but his new AN3's (prototypes), although beautiful didn't wow me the way I expected. Second chance will be given out of respect. 

Lastly we unknowingly met Samuel Laufer of Laufer Teknik upon arrival at the hotel and did enjoy his entire set-up ( and they did let us play some Yello on their system to test his mettle.  We were not disappointed. ) 

There was so much more, but I'll cut it short ... 

On another note, the JTR Speakers Home Theatre setup was off the chain !!!! 19 mindblowing Channels of " I want this in my house !!" , but I really need to get a bigger house. The JVC laser projection unit was the clearest thing I have seen ever. 

I'll be going back next year ... 

Happy listening my friends.... 

Shad