Axpona 2016

Went to Axpona today and of all the rooms the VAC room using Von Schweikert speakers had a special sound.
128x128jab

Showing 2 responses by trelja

Charles1dad, "2, High Water Sound room, TW Raven TT, New Audio Frontiers 845 SET stereo amplifier driving the Hornings speakers. A bit of upper bass emphasis  (room related? ) but very lively, dynamic with very good midrange, pace and musical swing/flow.

3, Jadis el 34 integrated amplifier driving B &W speakers, this was a surprising good match.  The music just flowed.Convincing tonality and engagement emotionally."

Thank you for your impressions, Charles.  Always good to hear show feedback.

The Horning speakers and Jadis integrateds are two products I really like.  Like enough that I bought them.  Also surprising, although not the absolute best combination I've found, the Jadis DA60 was the second best amplifier I've tried with the Hornings.
Goldeneraguy, "Trelja ,What is your first choice for an amplifier with your Horning speaker"

The list of amplifiers I’ve used with the Hornings in my system is pretty long. Off the top of my head - Atma Sphere M60, Atma Sphere S30, Audioromy 845, Blue Circle BC2, Cary Rocket 88, Consonance Cyber 211, Consonance Cyber 300B PSE, Consonance Cyber 800, Consonance Cyber 845, Consonance Cyber 10 Signature, Consonance Cyber 100S 300B, Consonance Cyber 100 EL34, Consonance Reference 150, Deja Vu 2A3 push pull, Dynaco ST70, Dynaco ST80 (Panor reimagined ST70 fixing all the supposed issues), Jas Bravo 2.1, Jadis DA30, Jadis DA60, Jadis Orchestra Reference, Manley Snapper, Manley Stingray, Pass Labs XA30.5, Quicksilver 8417 (converted to EL34), Rogue Audio M180

Top 3:
1. Deja Vu 2A3 push pull steroblock
2. Jadis DA60 EL34 integrated
3. Jas Bravo 2.1 6AS7G integrated