AXPONA 2011 Atlanta reports/thoughts?

This was my first show......I really enjoyed checking out all the gear. I was really impressed with the sound in the Scaena room as well as the MBL room.
I know this has been probably been discussed before, but someone really needs to tell all these sponsors, distributors, and people to LIGHTEN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were times that I didn't even feel welcome in certain rooms. In this economy, if I want to listen to one of my tunes on a $60,000 pair of loudspeakers, you should damn well roll out the red carpet. I understand "screening" tracks so no one plays gangster rap or 2 Live Crew or something that's offensive, but don't give me the third degree about whether or not my song will make your speakers sound good. Thoughts?
audioguy3107

Showing 1 response by theo

I have been to RMAF now since it began 6 or 7 yrs. ago. I can't say that I have ever been met with that attitude. Maybe it is the altitude that effects the attitude! However we have a dealer in the Denver/Boulder/Colo.Springs area that employees a few sales people that give you that "snobbish" approach to sales. I guess some audio retail people have too much money. The best sounding gear in those stores is the front door closing when I leave.
And where does a rep. get off telling a potential customer not to listen to his music? Is it implied that if I buy your speakers I have to listen to your music? I want to hear what I am familiar with, otherwise what's the point?