Awaiting a 1st impression

Looking forward to a user review on this new hybrid.

It's got all of the proven PL features, but the $7300 MSRP definitely caught me by surprise. Having nothing but positive experience with PL products, I imagine this will hold it's own with the $10K+ popular brands?

Is this the boutique brand killer?

tablejockey

There are a lot of speakers that need more than most, this seems to be a compact solution for them, I hope it sounds great as expected.

IF I bought difficult speakers (I never will), I would prefer a separate tube preamp, probably vintage overhauled, into a SS amp, vintage or modern.

That Phono module, it ain’t tubes either, I agree with the review linked, skip it, use your own separate. Another reason I prefer vintage tube preamp with MM phono, just use a SUT for MC to keep on using the sound of the preamp's phono

@boostedis 

To those bashing MIC, there are manufacturing techniques that can only be done in China because the US (and others) don't possess the technique!

Bullshit Detector Off The Scale GIF - Bullshit Detector Off The Scale Metric Tons GIFs

You made in China complainers saying the same over and over is getting very old. PL is excellent gear and at its price, most likely is a lot of quality for the money.  

I remember back in the 1900’s when the people were so dumb as to actually dislike and not support those countries who were carrying out genocide and had a record of barbaric human rights violations. Its so nice that this woke generation has come to understand, what Uncle Joe has said in that they just have a different set of values..
Kinda like the enlightened villager who sees his brother taken captive and eaten by his neighboring cannibal tribe. But he knows the tribe makes drums which can use for the tribal dances at a cheap price . And so he waits til they have finished their meal and goes to buy one of their drums. Of course he must make sure the tribe is well fed before he goes to make the transaction or else, HE may be next on the menu.
Then along come this entrepreneur type who understood the danger and decided he would make some $$$. He would buy several drums at a time and sell them to the locals for a profit. Of course because he bought in quantity, he got a discount. But there was a catch. He had to look the other way and say nice things about the cannibal tribe when they grabbed one of his neighbors for lunch. And the villagers didn’t mind because they were getting cheap drums...well, until it was their close relatives.
As for PrimaLuna, I was going to buy one. I suspect it is a decent product. If their execution of electronic components is as good as their making a virus then I’m sure it is top tier. The virus sure did its job well.

Good R&B song for your listening pleasure

It kind of boils down to this: for a very similar price, would I buy a PL or an Aesthetix Mimas (also tube hybrid integrated)?  The answer is clear: Aesthetix.