Awaiting a 1st impression

Looking forward to a user review on this new hybrid.

It's got all of the proven PL features, but the $7300 MSRP definitely caught me by surprise. Having nothing but positive experience with PL products, I imagine this will hold it's own with the $10K+ popular brands?

Is this the boutique brand killer?

tablejockey

"Please not another boutique killer!"

audio_audio-

give it time, more "professional reviews" will surface with all the cliché descriptors

I'm sure there are some here  who can remember there was a  period of time products  that had the label "made in Japan" was frowned upon.

Now anything made in Japan is perceived as high quality-which for the most part, is.

I don't know if the MIC label can completely overcome the stigma as Japan, but  SOME audio gear that is overseen by US or European ownership is capable as any US or top European brand.

Someone buy one, and do a write up!

I learned at work that quality means the least acceptable quality that meets your customer's needs. You aren't building a Rolls Royce, you are building a Toyota Corolla. The Chinese are getting better at finding that sweet spot. There are more Chinese goods in our future, not less. 

Why did I watch this video? Just another salesman touting his product. Why bite on this and not any other video provided by a manufacturer or dealer?

There are a lot of speakers that need more than most, this seems to be a compact solution for them, I hope it sounds great as expected.

IF I bought difficult speakers (I never will), I would prefer a separate tube preamp, probably vintage overhauled, into a SS amp, vintage or modern.

That Phono module, it ain’t tubes either, I agree with the review linked, skip it, use your own separate. Another reason I prefer vintage tube preamp with MM phono, just use a SUT for MC to keep on using the sound of the preamp's phono

@boostedis 

To those bashing MIC, there are manufacturing techniques that can only be done in China because the US (and others) don't possess the technique!

Bullshit Detector Off The Scale GIF - Bullshit Detector Off The Scale Metric Tons GIFs