Awaiting a 1st impression

Looking forward to a user review on this new hybrid.

It's got all of the proven PL features, but the $7300 MSRP definitely caught me by surprise. Having nothing but positive experience with PL products, I imagine this will hold it's own with the $10K+ popular brands?

Is this the boutique brand killer?

tablejockey

That’s a LOT of money …. Personally I would never spend that kind of cash on a Chinese amp.    I auditioned two different pair of speakers on PL  tube integrated amps and I have to say they sounded good. You can buy some very fine separates for that or maybe a little more .  Or a bespoke boutique amp .  I would actually look at ModWright  or forget the hybrid and get a Coda or Accuphase for that kind of $$$

"That’s a LOT of money …. Personally I would never spend that kind of cash on a Chinese amp."

oddiofyl-I guess current state of affairs-EVERYTHING with a price, has gone up. Perhaps this is part of the reason for that $7300 MSRP.? The made in China(MIC) factor isn't a concern for me. A huge portion in a typical consumers everyday life is just that-MIC. Like it or not.

Your day starts off with that morning coffee in a MIC mug, along with MIC plate/silverware for your omelet.

If this follows the path of the tube amps, it will be competitive in sales of  upper end SS integrated amps. 

A head to head against a few of the popular brands will be a very interesting read.