Avoid UPS Shipping To/From Canada

Just received a UPS Customhouse Brokerages bill for $19 US for a package that originated in Canada. It's UPS's charge for collecting NO duty and NO tariff on some US manufactured cables. The "entry prep fee" as they call it is a 150% addition to their posted freight. Nice markup for an conveyor automated bar code read and a first class stamp (for the bill).

So now besides their notorious reputation for mishandling electronics and not paying damage claims, you have another reason to NOT USE THEM.

In researching the archives, I see there has been some mention of their rip off brokerage fees before. I think it bears reposting for the unsuspecting. It certainly unpleasantly surprised me having paid nothing extra in the past using Canada's postal system. I'm sure there are other reputable shipping alternatives that other members can recommend.
alexanderj

Showing 2 responses by su2618

I am in Canada and UPS charges us $33.00 brokerage fees to come from the US. Use the postal system everyone. they won't insure against damage but they don't use your packages for footballs like UPS.