Avalon Eidolon Visions in the house

Upgraded from Thiel CS 2.4s (which I think are fantastic by the way). The Eidolon Visions just arrived today.......good lord. I know that this may be old news, but now I understand what the deal is with all the love these things get. Sounds like there is a damn mini version of whoever I'm listening to in the room with me. Full writeup to come.
audioguy3107

Showing 3 responses by gocubs999

I stopped in to listen to the Avalons at a local dealer recently. I have always been impressed with the sound stage and imaging of the Avalon brand having heard the Eidolons and the Diamonds on several occasions. He had a demo pair of Visions for sale, but; mentioned the Avalon Indras were much better sounding then the Visions. He mentioned the Visions sounded flat and uninvolving compared to the Indras. Due to time constraints I only had time to listen to the Indras with Pass X150.5's, Berkeley DAC and PC Audio (J River) system. The sound was fantastic and sounded better to me then the Focal JMLab Scala Utopia's. The Scalas certainly provided a deeper sounding base response, but; the overall performance (Detail retreival, holographic imaging and accuracy) went to the Indras. Has anyone compared the Indras to the Vision model?
Andromedaaudio,
If you were reponding to my thread, in all fairness to the dealer, he is an long time Avalon dealer and had the Avalons, both models, and the Scalas that he set up for me to audition. I did not have the time to audition the Visions he had for sale (Demos), yet recognize he has had ample time to listen to both the Visions and the Indras over time. I am curious if others have auditioned the Vision and Indras and what they heard.
Audioguy3107,
My room size is similar and untreated with 12 foot cielings. That said, the room the dealer had was very well treated. Positioning is a struggle for me as I have no choice but to place them against the back wall which is not ideal for most any speaker. I wish I would have had time to listen to both to make a decision for myself. Your set up looks great and glad to hear of the results your getting with the Vision.