Avalon Eidolen VS Porac D80 or B&W 802D

Hello,
I live in Azores, and I don't have the opportunity to hear speakears like Avalon Eidolen, Proac D80 and the B&W 802D.
I plan to buy one of these second-hand.
My auditions are on vinyl, and most of the time I hear jazz. From time to time also like to hear blues and old rock and roll.
Now I have the opportunity to buy the Avalon Eidolen (not the diamond).
Please appreciate that someone can help me to choose between this three speakers.
I hear that the Avalon only play classical music.
It's true?

Thank you.
Paulo
xupakabras
My system is:

Hovland HP-200 preamp
Conrad Johnson Premier 140 and Krell FPB 200c power amp's
Manley Steelhead phono preamp
Audio Research CD3 MKII
Micro Seiki RX-1500G
Arm-VPI JMW 12.6 w/two armwand. Cartridge's Benz LP and Shelter 901
Proac D38 speakers

My listening room is 20x20 feet.
The Avalons would be my choice. They require adequate power and placement. They look beautiful and sound fabulous with most music when properly placed.
Get the Avalons and look no more!
I've been involved in audio for over 30 years and I'm familiar with the speakers you mentioned. Properly set up, there is no comparison between the three. The Eidolons are way superior in every way IMO.
It's rare you'll ever get 5-10 audiophiles on this forum to agree on ANYTHING so this is as close to a unanimous decision as I've seen here.

I agree with the others - with your great equipment the Eidolons would clearly be my choice as well. The 20' x 20' dimensions would be the main limiting factor unless you have adequately treated the room. Just my $.02

Good luck.
Hi,

I have owned the Eidolon and heard the BW several times. To me there is no comparison. The Avalon has a capacity to render detail and nuance that the BW lacks. And the soundstage is incredible. However they do not have a very strong bass.
Be careful with amplification. The Krell should work well but I never heard them with a big valve amp, like the Premier 140.
I do not know the Proac.

Good luck