AVA Van Alstine SET 400 amplifier -- burn in?

I am not trying to spark a debate about burn in. I purchased an AVA SET 400 amplifier and will give it a listen for 30 days and decide if it works for me.

If you’ve owned this amp or other solid state amps from AVA and have noticed any changes to the sound over time, can you please describe for me?

I asked Mr. Van Alstine about this and his reply was "No burn in time, it’s running up to speed within a couple of minutes."

What’s your experience? It arrives in less than a week. Thank you.
128x128hilde45

Showing 2 responses by arcticdeth

Yeah, some think burn is a farce, some a must. 
  I’m the “there is a warm up process for better sound”

As soon as they arrive, set up, plug in and power on, leave the amps pushing power via CD player preamp etc , listen right away for a while, then leave the cd on repeat, or stream (if that’s ur thing) continuously and see if you notice a difference. 
   I can very much hear a laser effect from initial turn on, versus being on for 10 hours, before I give a good listen.
    I turn on my amp, preamp, source, the night before I listen,
  I usually start some tunes about 4-5 pm after work, after being on from the night before for warm up.

There is a definite difference, when first powered up, the bass is just tight  and with little depth, same for the midrange, but after that warm up of give or take 10 or 24 hours, I can very much hear a difference in the beauty coming from my speakers to my ears.       The bass is deeper, with more depth, and the midrange is like a laser beam of perfection. It’s more fluid like, with a better sense of each guitar chord or power chord , solo. 
    I know, it sounds dumb, I can hear a difference.Teflon takes longer to get to temp I have been told. 
Enjoy.
leave them on, and let us know what you hear......from initial power up , and after a week of being powered up.
The caps in my amp were switched out to Teflon, which is the 24 hour warm up time. 
  The odyssey amps are crazy nuts with break in or burn, or whatever it’s called.  They did take several hundred hours,....very odd, but the reward was worth it, I was so excited each day to listen, I was met with a different sound every other day it seemed,
   After a couple months of continuously on, it was a truthful strange ride to get where I’m at now, the real transformation in sound is something I’ve never done before. 
 I do shut them off , and t takes about 2 days for them to get back to that kismet tone-sound.  
 Even my aging yammy receiver I use to record LP’s to my computer I warm up for a day to warm up.