Automatic Cueing and Automatic Return

I noticed that upper end turntables don’t have auto return. I suspect that this is due to a perceived sound quality loss. Is this true? What damage is done when my thousand dollar stylus rubs against the record label if and when I doze off after drifting into musical bliss? I look forward to any and all input and/or suggestions.
Thank you.
128x128drewmb1

Showing 1 response by buconero117

It is clear, the answer is 'multi' table. I have two TTs in my main rig. A VPI with a $2K cartridge which needs a high level of attention. The other a Denon 47F, fully automatic including repeat,and a Denon 103 cartridge. Of course the latter is the 'safe' machine, and it goes well with wine. You need to be stone cold sober to operate the VPI, otherwise a cartridge disaster is always in the offering. I am happy with both. The Denon is my drinking buddy. I always suggest the Denon as a great starter vinyl machine, especially if there are kids in the house. I've given Denon's to my kids to get them interested in vinyl without having to worry about the cartridge disaster's with the manual machines. If they get 'hooked', then it is time to move up to the other stuff.