Authenticity of Speakers

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum. I am in process of building a home theater. I found a guy on craigslist selling Klipsch R-28f speakers, $500 for a pair. How do I check the authenticity of the speakers. Have anybody come across fake Klipsch products? He says, he got those from Storage Locker auctions. Should I trust these speakers?
rahulkumbhar
Why would you trust them? You cannot determine the provenance of the speakers as he claims to have bought them from storage locker auctions ... who knows how many prior owners there were. Even if you have the serial numbers and call Klipsch, all they can confirm is that the serial numbers were issued; they can't confirm that they were issued to THOSE speakers. Have you seen photos of the speakers themselves?  Craigslist is a cesspool of sorts, and I would pass on these. 
Thank you @rlb61. That was my first thought and was wondering if I should even go check them out. This model costs $449 each on Amazon and on Klipsch site, which is almost $1000 for a pair. This guy is offering $500 for a pair. I think I will skip this.
Post removed 
Thank you @viridian 
Yeah, that is true. He says, these are brand new and I convinced him yesterday to to $400 for a pair.

When you say that the price is high considering age and provenance, I checked Klipsch site, and these are not yet discontinued by Klipsch, first built in 2014. Do you think $400 for a pair is still not a good deal?