Aurender N200

Hi

I was hoping to get feedback on the Aurender N200.   I have a Bluesound Vault 2i that honestly has been great but I am looking for a significant bump up in sound. Will be using with a LAB 12 DAC which accepts USB class 2 output and has coax also.  I really like this DAC , although I do have the opportunity to trade up within a year so that's to be seen if I do that.  I find myself mostly streaming and want a great sounding stand alone streamer that won't be outclassed if I upgrade the DAC.   Any opinions of this unit would be appreciated 

Thanks 

128x128oddiofyl

Showing 2 responses by cleeds

blisshifi

...  for clarification, Aurender does not require you to use the internal bays for storing your music library. It absolutely has the ability to connect to a NAS ...

Quite so and thanks for clarifying. I just meant that Aurender is a closed, proprietary system, much like Apple products. For example, good luck trying to convert a standard playlist (such as a .pls or m3u file) for use with Aurender. Unless your filing structure is something Aurender "likes," the company says conversion is impossible. That's why I dumped Aurender. And good riddance.

... The problem I feel with Aurender is again being locked into a proprietary system that’s not nas friendly ...

That is exactly the problem with Aurender, and it's part of what led to my frustrations when I had an N100H. Aurender is like an Apple product, which is great for people who like that sort of self-contained, safe, turn-key solution. But like you @dinov, I'm more hands on. I don't want to be at the mercy of some tech to resolve every little issue.