Aurender N10 - Sound quality performance is erratic

I am having problems with my N10. Some days it plays amazingly good, other days good and some days not good at all.

I live very near Aurender in SoCal and so I took my unit in for service and they provided me with a loaner. The first session after I put the loaner in the system was all-time good. Then the next day wasn't all that great. Then the next two days were good but no great. Anyway, this is just weird. Both N10s appear to exhibit this erratic behavior.

My internet is ATT DSL at 24Mbps and that has been suggested as the culprit (I was thinking about calling and asking them to give me a trial at 50 or 100 Mbps to see if the increased speed will eliminate the problem - 24Mbps is fast enough I almost never seen buffering in Netflix). It has been suggested that I get hi-speed cable to solve this problem and get rid of the twisted pairs on the phone line. I have tried a DSL filter and it hasn't seemed to help, assuming I've got it installed correctly.

So have any of you N10 users had this problem? If so, how did you fix it?
pokey77
@benzman 

We used the TAD DAC in their Evolution SACD player and later the TAD DAC in their C2000 preamp and that is what I ended up with.

I believe I did compare the A10 to the N10 with the same DAC in the C2000 preamp, just using them as streamers. I believe this was with AES but am not 100% sure. I've used both USB and AES with my N10 and slightly prefer the overall presentation with AES. It was not a night and day difference with Nordost Heimdall 2.

I have heard the A10 with it's built-in DAC, but it was not as good even using MQA. The N10 + DAC is much better.
Finally, I'd like to say thank you very much to @hgeifman and @jon2020 for your help and encouragement. I hope this thread will help other users arrive at an even better sound in their own systems.

@pokey77 

I am very happy for you that the ethernet issue has been sorted out.  Enjoy the music! 
Cheers! :)
@jon2020 

Thanks Jon. Had two great sessions today (on vacation for the week). Now that everything is all in order I've been listening to lots of new and old music; so fun it was.