aurender n10 or....?

I run a lynx card sets/ebu to Berkeley dac (original version. Not even use) to some ancient jrdg mono amps (thx Guido!) to a pair of audio physic scorpios.
I have grown frustrated with my homemade pc server and its penchant for dieing on my every 12mos or so. Soooo I am thinking of joining the rest of the world and picking up a more reliable way to get data to the Berkeley. I love my tidal and given my connectivity needs (aes/ebu) i was thinking I'd look at the aurender n10. Anyone have any other suggestions for my short list? The n10 at $8k is at the top end of what I would like to spend. Well, actually it is 2x what I would like to spend but if it is as good as I am told I'll sell some plasma.
thx!!!
jimmy3993

Showing 4 responses by jimmy3993

Thank athanor hgeifman. I had read your other post. Seems like you had some early bugs with yours. Everything running smoothly now? To me, having the thing "just work" is a high priority. Better sound than my current setup would be a bonus but honestly isn't expected.

soundsrealaudio - no problem at all. I am looking for ideas. I need: access to tidal, an ads/ebu output, ease of use and great sound quality. If telco fits the bill let me know. I couldn't figure out much from the review or the distributor's website.
abedirov - 
Does choice in source material impact your short list? I will be about 70% tidal, 20% redbook and 10% dvd-a.
A few months later and I am listening to a mixed playlist of tidal, DVD-a and red book playing seamlessly from my audiogon purchased n10 to my now ancient Berkeley first gen alpha to some even older audiogon purchased Jeff Rowland moons and out some audiogon sourced audio physic scorpios. This is a great little place we have here.
no to fiddle with aes/ebu cable options...
thx all!