Aurender A-10

I am thinking of buying aurender A-10, any one has positive or negative issues with this unit.

Ag insider logo xs@2xbernardwilliams

@bernardwilliams 

Another Aurender fan here.  I have (or had) the N100H, N200, N10, N20, and A10. I am listening to the A10 right now. 

To answer your questions, I’ve had no negative issues with the A10. I am a huge fan of the Conductor software for controlling these units. All of my experiences have been rock solid. Some other streamers I’ve had occasionally stop working maybe due to a network dropout or something, but this doesn’t happen with my Aurender devices. 

Whether the A10 is for you depends on your system and expectations. It is a very simple solution, especially if you value Tidal’s MQA. As for sound character, it is easy to listen to for long periods. Not the greatest with respect to sound stage and imaging, (compared to my Tambaqui for example) but still a very very nice listen. 

Very low risk if you are willing to buy used and sell it if you find it’s not for you. 

Good luck!

I just bought an A10 a month ago

Love the sound streaming. Then again my go to is vinyl

When I bought it they told me they were coming out with all new models in April do to chip shortages.  A15? A bit more expensive but shows the album artwork

You might get a nice price on an A10 in the transition like I did

Post removed 

I am a huge Aurender fan… I own a N100 and their flagship, which I think is a screaming deal at $22K. I have carefully auditioned others in their line.

Streaming is now and the future. I have heard many Aurender streamers. I cannot say anything negative about their streamer/DAC combos. But I would separate the DAC function and the streamer function. This way you can upgrade one or the other.

My experience has shown that, in general, that the cost of carefully chosen components should be about the same +/- 20%. So Streamer = turntable = phonostage = DAC = Preamp = Amp. Just a budgeting concept. To point out that the streamer is critical… as is the phonostage if you have vinyl.