Auralic Aries Mini vs Bluesound Node ll vs Sonos

Wondering if anyone has experience with either the node ll or the mini. Looking for a possible upgrade from Sonos for streaming Deezer Elite. I've read the interface on the mini only works with Ipad. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
chrshanl37

Showing 2 responses by tiago729

My vote goes to the Aries Mini. The number one reason why I like it: it has an USB digital out which feeds right into my Halo Integrated. You may sarcastically say "big deal". But this allows full integration with the DAC as I now can feed the DAC with its highest supported formats (in PCM and DSD). Just in hardware alone the Aries shows itself superior:

-benchmark ESS DAC

-latest wireless AC protocol - connected to my AirPort Extreme 5Ghz band and it's as good as as a wired connection. In fact this is the primary connection type suggested by Auralic

-quad core CPU

-double the Node 2's ram

-ability to add a internal storage drive. Added a 512 Gb mechanical drive that I had laying around the house and it works flawlessly!

these factors alone are worth the $550 admission price! Throw in a free 1 year subscription ($240) on top of all that - sign me up! 

The new iPhone interface looks beautiful and is extremely easy to setup and use.

You will not find anything close in terms of hardware and functionality at the Aries Mini's price point.