Auralex ISO-Tone Turntable Isolation Platform

Hi everyone

I saw this from a solicitation from MusicDirect.

Auralex ISO-Tone Turntable Isolation Platform

I haven't found many reviews on it so I figure I would ask you experts here for your thoughts/comments.

I was thinking about using this under my Thorens TD 125 Mk2 TT. I have a headphone amp on another shelf of my audio rack separate from my TT but whenever I plug my XLR headphones into the amp it causes the tonearm to move.

This platform may help me I think.

Thanks in advance.

Showing 2 responses by lowrider57

Mapman's right; these pads are for acoustic vibration. IOW, isolating the TT from standing waves or feedback, or to neutralise the sound of the surface that the TT sits upon; ie, glass, wood.

I'm sure other members will have suggestions, but using a separate platform is a good idea. Try looking in the archives.
If you are a DJ and the woofers are pumping, those sound waves are going to vibrate the TT platform. That was my meaning of acoustic vibration and feedback; an external cause of vibration.
Obviously I failed to properly explain it.

3 Hail Marys and an act of contrition for me.