Auditioning The Fyne 703 Soon

I have had my von Schweikert DB 99se loudspeakers almost 17 years and they still sound good to my ears but I am intrigued by this new company. I will let the Forum know my impressions. These new loudspeakers should match up well with my PrimaLuna integrated amplifier
128x128tuberist

Showing 3 responses by pryso

@mijostyn, not to be argumentative, I'm really curious about this.  You ask about "from 10 Hz to 20 kHz at your listening position".  How many speakers produce anything audible in that range?  And if they could, what instruments have fundamentals there?  Just as important, what music is scored with any notes within that span?

Regarding vinylvalet's suggested method for speaker break-in, what specifically is "silly" about that?  I've read that procedure recommended multiple times over the years as a quicker, less-obtrusive method than simply playing them when listening.  What do you suggest?

I'm not a designer, only an audio hobbyist for some decades. 

mijostyn, sorry, I misread your earlier comment as "10 to 20 Hz", not 20 K Hz. So my comment made no sense at all. Then I compounded the problem by copying your description, while again missing the K. Us old folks need to read twice before replying. ;^)

However I do fail to see why vinylvalet’s suggested procedure for break-in with new speakers is "silly", unless it was just his loudness level? In that case I agree it was unnecessary.

mulveling, it's obvious that you appreciate the sonic presentation of higher end (Prestige) Tannoy designs.  I never owned any but I do as well.

A few years ago there was a Tannoy dealer in the San Diego area.  Our audio club had a meeting there to audition the big Westminsters on display.  Perhaps not the best set up but still a wonderful experience.  Based upon that a good friend began auditioning Prestige models at home, initially settling on a pair of Canterburys.  He was so impressed by those that he traded them back for the Kingdom Royal.  Driven by Pass Electronics that really is something to hear.

Recently however there are questions about design and manufacturing under the new ownership at Tannoy.  Therefore I'm curious about the Fyne speakers.  But not many dealers yet so not easy to audition.