Auditioning Elipsa SE tomorrow, getting my ducks in a row, am I missing anything

Gonna head out before the chickens wake and drive 350 miles to hear a pair of Elipsa SE in the morning. Will have to get it right as a second listen is gonna be tough

I've sent pictures and descriptions of the listening area and speaker placement. He's gonna try to duplicate that setup before I arrive. Speakers 11 feet apart, listening position about 12' feet from the wall and speakers set a foot or 2 off the wall. 

I don't do vinyl anymore so will be streaming and CD only. I don't have any hi res media but plan to take female vocal (Ricky Lee), male vocal ( Leonard Cohen), an instrumental, and Rodrigo y Gabriela for full, fast and hard. Will hopefully listen to some high res of whatever he has on hand when I get there.

I'm looking for a wide and amazing soundstage.  I'll figure out amps, etc that work with whatever speaker I end up with.He's gonna setup the demo with ARC VSi-75 and Lumin A1. I've heard the integrated with a pair of Trio Ct's and it was nice but didn't take my breath away. Not sure if the ARC will show them best or if I could expect more out of the Elipsa with something else.

Moving forward sources will mostly be streamed though a PS-Audio Direct Stream so have lots of hopes for improvements.

While I'm in the city going to swing through some dealers and listen to Focal, Wilson, other Sonus Faber, and whatever else I can get my ears on.  

Any advice on what I've missed or should consider when looking at the Elipsa SE?

Thanks in advance

Keith

128x128doitwithlife

Showing 2 responses by pkelly1504

I have the Elipsa SE and they surely have an awesome sound stage, wide and deep. Close your eyes and there is a wall of sound.
I play vinyl with a CJ ARTsa, and recently added a Ps audio BHK preamp which was a huge upgrade. The sound is wonderful and the speakers are beautiful.
I am very happy with the speakers.

I would get the 250 and the preamp.
Many of the articles written about the BHK compare PS audio gear with and without he preamp and all prefer with it.
For my system I was really surprised what a huge upgrade the BHK has been.It has taken it to the next level for sure. It could be my last preamp.
The 250 should be plenty of power as my amp is a tube amp,140 WPC and makes the SE's sing. I also wanted mono amps but am more than happy with the stereo model.
Congrats on your new speakers!