AudioQuest vs Cardas XLR

Hello all,

Looking to upgrade my interconnects from my McIntosh C2700 to MC611 monoblocks. I am very interested in AQ Tbirds or Firebirds vs. Cardas Clear Beyond XLRs. I want an end-game cable and would appreciate some feedback. I'm open to any additional suggestions. I do enjoy the prodigious bass/midbass and the smooth midrange that the combo provides. It's a little light on top, though (as McIntosh is). I think Cardas and AQ will preserve my wishes, but is there anything out there that will keep my midrange/mid-bass/bass and improve upon the highs? I think I may be asking for too much, though! I would be very grateful for some direction. 

128x128jeffreyw

Showing 2 responses by tomic601

Sad that we pulled Cardas leadership away from running the business to combating inane conspiracy theories…. 

just received my Cardas DIN connector,!will order more from Cardas.

The real value in the thread  is I have a few more factually challenged posters to ignore….

I have lived w Pegasus thru Dragon for a week,!they are all cut from same DNA. Pegasus was warmest of the bunch in my system….but you are going to spend a pile of coin to get silver which again in my system was much more about detail ,?attack and decay and not tipped up treble extension.

my very supportive dealer who facilitated the long evaluation is Ed at Audio Ultra in WA state.