Audioquest Niagara 5000 vs PS Audio P5 mk2 (DSP5)

I am rebuilding my system and been thinking which one will serve me well.

Both brands are well reputed with more than good consumer feedback. Now I know that they are two different categories of power control. But what would you do if you were in my shoes ?

My system is Chord DAVE dac fed By Aurender N10 streamer. I will be buying Dynaudio Special Forty bookshelf speakers along with a small power amp to play them. My power demand is kinda low. 

Appreciate your valued feedback guys 
128x128emerald
Honestly wouldn’t buy either one.

We have probably tested more power conditioners than any other dealer to date these are some of the lines we have tested:

Audience, Running Springs, Shunyata, Audioquest Niagra 7000, original Isotek new Isotek, Silver Circle, PS Audio, and Audio Magic.

Out of all of these the Audio Magic was the most effective at producing very noticable improvements except they require two high end power cords for their higer end models.The Audio Magic doesn’t limit current, increases soundstage width and depth and generally impvoves the systems focus and tightens up the bass.

On a direct comparison of the Nigra a $9k power conditioner vs the $9k Audio Magic the Nigara made the entire system sound worse than the Oracle which we are going to purchase based on Fremers review.

If you think our system isn’t up to snuff our reference rig is about $200k Paradigm Persona 9H, T+A amp, preamp, power supply, Light Harmonic Davinci Dual Dac MK II, Baetis Reference server, Audio Magic Oracle preamps and digital, Oracle specially built for amps, Enklein David cabling.

Also the Isotek Syncro power cable at $2k while elevate a power conditioner’s performance immeasurably.

The Syncro is an ACTIVE power cord with special DC blocking technology, made a huge difference with the Audio Magic.

I would also recommend that you listen to the new Quad Z2 bookshelf speaker it is amazing sounding, probably the most planer like ribbon tweeter on the market, huge sound stage, delicate top end without the zingy uber detail that plagues many other ribbon tweeters. I would take these compact speakers over most of the $5k monitors.

http://quad-hifi.co.uk/product-detail.php?pid=30

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/quad-z1-loudspeaker-review

https://www.stereophile.com/content/quad-s-2-loudspeaker

This line is a complete sleeper in the US, quite frankly we never even knew about them, until we heard the Quad S series at Capital Audio Fest and then read the Stereophile S2 review and we were looking for an alternative monitor to the popular Kef LS 50 which we sell, (some people hate the look) and considering we were allready Isotek dealers and Mofi distribution handles the Quads it was easy to get a demo.

If you want an endorsement best bookshelf speakers for the money every heard in 30 plus years of professional audio sales, they are that good!

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
This audio doctor is a reseller and is not credible and seems arrogant towards the competition.
Niagara and Ps are great devices that work a lot on quality. I prefer AQ Niagara. It's my opinion
Claude Doctor idiophile 
Magog5 we are a reseller we are also an Audioquest dealer, and we are hardly arrogant, towards the competition. We recently sold a trade in PS regenerator which did not make an audible improvement in a $100k Theater system where the Running Springs and Isotek units did.

We did the actual test of the Niagra vs the Audio Magic and were not blown away by the Niagra. There are many dealers who detest Furman and will tell you that Furman products might protect equipment well but the conditioners did not make an audiible difference. the new Audio Quest units are designed by the same guy behind Furman.

AQ new power cables are getting good reviews and we will be testing those soon.

Not credible dude, we have been at many audio shows as displaying dealers, and we have a shop with four sound rooms and we sell some of the best brands in the audio industry.

Not to mention 30 plus years in the industry. Google Audio Doctor and see what you find, Stereophile and Dagogo have been in our shop here is a link to our shop and see what we test with.

This video is 2 years old before T+A, and Light Harmonic, Paradigm Personas, and Quad, and Elac, as well as a whole bunch of new product additions

https://www.stereophile.com/content/quad-s-2-loudspeaker

Magog we sell most of the major power conditioners on the market so please explain how we are not credible?

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
I have great respect for Audioquest and have my entire system wired with AQ interconnects.  Haven't had any experience with their power conditioning products.  I have had PS Audio P500, PPP and now P5 power regenerators.  The P5 is a huge leap over the PPP.  If I ran my modified McCormack DNA-1 along with the rest of my system off the PPP, the regenerator shut down!  So while I had the PPP I ran my amp off of conditioned power via a PS Duet.

With the P5 I have my whole system running off regenerated power using 34% of its capability.  This leaves plenty of headroom for demanding musical passages.  The sound is clean, open and dynamic.  The regenerated power contains only .1% THD.
Appreciate the comments. @audiotroy Audio Doctor if you please give me some impressions about the new power cord like "Storm Line" which is supposed to be designed by the same Furman. I have access to IsoTek, Nordost and Audioquest near my city. 
I'm sorry, I was talking through my hat. Continue your good work, and thanks for putting the order back
Tdimler, why is there no question about it? 

As mentioned before we actually test these things in the same systems. 

Just because a magazine rated the AQ unit positively doesn't mean that the unit is better than any other unit.

We tested the Niagra and saying that it got its ass handed to it is an understatment.

We sell and have sold many of the best power conditioning products on the market.

It is a matter of the OP testing these units in his own system and making up his own mind. 

As mentioned before the Audio Magic products are not well known but are amazingly effective and we are using them to great effect on three different demo rooms in our shop and have yet to find a single alternative product that is more effective.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ