Audiophile speakers that get loud

I have Dynaudio C1s and while I like their sound, I can’t turn them up as loud in my small room as I would like to sometimes without the woofers maxing excursion. I have a JL audio sub but the C1s are not high passed. Any attempts I’ve tried to do this have lost the sound I like at lower levels. Any ideas on what I should try?

bundy
Stuff the ports. :)

The excursion happens because below the port, the woofers have no resistance at all.

Stuff them. This will raise the natural -3dB point up a few Hz, but greatly increase the dynamic range they can play out before they hit max.

Compensate with new sub settings.
I’m trying the plugged port idea. It definitely changes the sound and the driver excursion. I think my ultimate answer though is a 3-way speaker that has a more prominent mid-range. Any suggestions?  I’m trying to stay under $6-7k. 
Get Dynaudio contour 60s. You will not need subs. These speakers are incredible for loud dynamic playback with bass that is palpable, super deep and highly impactful; 
I test drove a pair of Usher Be-718 Tiny Dancers and I was able to push them to crazy-loud levels and they never skipped a beat. They have the added bonus of an easy WAF appearance.