Audiophile demographics?

Why are there a disproportional number of male audiophiles?
Not sure if this is a silly question, but speaking for myself, I have never met a female audiophile.
I am sure they exist, but their scarcity begs the question as to why.
Is it merely that men have more of the "mine is bigger than yours" mentality, do men love gadgets and tools or is it something more sinister?
128x128tony1954
Most of those drivers are a couple bucks bought once.

Fashion and cosmetics are regular ongoing purchases. Way way bigger. It's not even close.
« I became a cosmetic seller and a successful audiophile because i am too short to play chess»-Groucho Marx
This has been said differently, but music, mathematics and critical thought are all processed in the same part of the brain (it is said that listening to Mozart for 30 minutes before a math test will make you do better unless you would already be 100%).  These are all male related likes (yes, there are always exceptions) so I think that our biology plays a part as others here do.
It is the other way around...

The 2 hemisphere of the brain play their part in all activities, be it music, maths or poetical tought and critical thougth... But one of the hemisphere can be dominating in each one of us, never mind the field....But we need the 2 at all times....

If not, we will loose what we called "reason"...Reason is not rationalism or exclusively some critical thought process located in the left hemisphere... If you think about the concept of "reason" think about sanity first then some balance must exist between the 2 hemispheres...

The poet William Blake is one of the most profound critic of his time, he was a very astute observer of industrialization and his link with technology and science...And he is a poet...

The mathematician Cantor singlehandly founded modern mathematic with a mystical vision....And he is a mathematician...

We can see the function played by the 2 hemispheres in each one of these 2 geniuses; in each one of them one hemisphere is the " inspiration" for a field where usually it is the antagonist hemisphere that is dominating....