Audiophile Active Speakers?

Bracing for a flame war on this one - but are there any really seriously good sounding active floor standers? The new Dynaudio XEO 6's intrigued me.

Here's why I'm interested. I recently acquired some great Verity Audio speakers that I realized my entire cabling, amps, preamps etc were too warm for. Problem is I'm getting past the point where I see this as a hobby and am just looking for good music reproduction without tons of system matching experimentation etc.

One interesting option would be selling all my electronics, cables, etc on A-gon and just purchasing a good DAC and good sounding Active floor standers. I could therefore afford decent speakers (up to $7K or so), pocket some cash, simply the system (and save lots of time and grief shopping for matching components).

Am I expecting something that would sound as good as the Verity's with appropriately good electronics? No - not even close.

But a quality audiophile sound I could live with and possible tweak with the right sounding DAC that could make me more or less satisfied is the goal. The don't have to be magical like the Verity's. Any thoughts?
larrybou
I remember hearing active horn speakers from a European company called EARO a few years ago.  I thought they sounded pretty darn good.
Macrojack: This post is ancient but I should answer it anyway and not ignore it.  

The ATC SCM19A would be a floor standing direct comparison to the PMC AML1 (6 inch 2way ). This won some awards this past year. The ATC passive version is a smaller box book shelf, the SCM 19.

The amplifiers take up too much space to do in active version in bookshelf size, hence the move to floor stander for active.

Brad Lunde
ATC Importer to the US
Lone Mountain Audio (Consumer)

Any thoughts about the Dynaudio Focus XD600? The reviews are great. Has anyone heard them?
Looking to bump this thread to include new active speakers that anyone might have auditioned or purchase?  I'm too interested in thoughts on the Dynaudio, but the new version of the FocusXD60?  Or Avantgarde Zero or Kii system?  Also, the new Eikon from Gayle Sanders?