audionote m3 vs ear868, modwright or herron

I've got an Eternal Arts OTL power amp (pure bliss) but need a preamp with low output impedance to match. Currently going straight in to the OTL amp that is equipped with vol. poti. Need now preamp and preferbly with built-in phonostage- Was thinking of Audionote M3, Ear 868P , modwright 36.5 or Herron. price wise they are all about the sane to me.
Anybody got listening experiences on any of these in comparison. Have Meridian cd and Audionote E speakers. will buy probably TW acustics record player.
Thanks
alimartin

Showing 2 responses by glory

I am a fan of Audio Note and their gear. I had the older M3 without the Galahad power supply. I sold it as it was ... Do not buy the AN pre amp/phono without the Galahad.

I had the Herron and it was quiet and was well worth the money spent. Very nice indeed.

Had the EAR 324 and now we are talking. tha EAR gear will not disappoint. This is what I would buy (868P).

What E speakers do you have and what stands? If yu have the AN stands then get rid of them and buy the Sistrum stands and get ready to be very angry that you had your E's on the AN stands. I know my AN J/SPe's sound better than the much higher models because of the Sistrum stands. A secret of the trade for you.
If you can get a great deal on a 912 I would say YES go for it.

The 324 phono is a fantastic price of gear.

GET RID OF THE AN STANDS. You have not heard the AN speakers full potential until you put them on the Sistrum stands