Audiogon sellers, please stop and read this thread

I had a couple listings last week and I received one e-mail from a potential buyer to instruct me to contact him via his private e-mail right away.

I was offered to be paid by Cashier Check rather than Paypal.
I accepted the term that the buyer would have his "agent" to pick up the units for sale. In term, I told the buyer I would only accept the Cashier Check from major banks.

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from the buyer instructing me to deposit the Cashier Check one I receive it BUT since the Cashier Check was made by his "financier" for more than the sale price, the buyer wanted me to cash out the difference and send a Moneygram to his "agent" so his" agent" can pick up the merchandise and the buyer thanked me for my " corporation".

I demand to know if the Cashier Check was made from major banks or not and how much is the difference between the sale price and the amount of the Cashier Check. I have not heard a response from him since then.

What's up? Was I born yesterday or is it a case of innocence
'till proven guilty?
andrewdoan
It's important to forward the scam offers to Audiogon so they can delete the memberships. They are very proactive about it. I'm sure they don't want the site to turn into the old Audio Shopper, which was ruined by scammers.
Elizabeth, good idea. Got the check today and has been pressured from unknown, no trace buyer instructed me to deposit the check.

Now,I have the upper hand since I can use the check to trace to an Auctioneer Co, in Canon,Oh drew from the Huntington Natl'Bank. The sender is a third party( not the buyer) is in Baltimore,MD.

BTW, the buyer insisted that I have to go thru with the deal since the check is good. Maybe it's good to him but does not look like an CC to me.

ROTFLMAO !
here's one I received tonight, which I just forwarded to the Audiogon moderators...

I Am interested in your listed Item ,Please contact me at [email protected], to get more details about my interest and let me know its present condition.I am ready to deal asap

RespondDelete
Well I'll be darned, here's one of three I received all from the same person

>>I Am interested in your listed Item ,Please contact me at [email protected], to get more details about my interest and let me know its present condition.I am ready to deal asap<<

Small world
:-)
They're nasty parasites, Bill.
Audiogon already removed them from the site.
But more will come. Hopefully if everyone copies the perps questions to the moderators this can be radicated.
So stop waiving the bad checks around and acting like school girls, everyone please police your ads. And me! :)