Audiogon Retail Price listings are not accurate

I just looked at a few of the listings for audiogon. The represented retail prices were extremely excessive and misleading.

These were foreign sellers and I'm surprised these listings are allowed with this misleading information.  It doesn't take much to check them.  And there's nowhere to report inaccurate information that I could see.

emergingsoul

I also find troubling when internally upgraded products to bring older products in line with newly offered products are represented as the newer products.

D'Agostino has these problems with the listings and it's a very problematic situation. The momentum preamplifier is an example of this. The upgraded model and the currently offered new momentum model are not the same product.

It won't take much to correct all this but it appears audiogon chooses not to.

Reading this OP, it seems the topic addresses for-sale ads posted by Audiogon users and not the retail pricing shown in Audiogon's own Bluebook service.  FWIW, I occasionally find misleading retail pricing on other sites too, such as USAM.

I agree with all the responses and routinely check HiFi Shark, professional reviews, retailer websites, and the manufacturer's own websites.  You definitely need to do your homework.

For fun, I just looked up my speakers on Audiogon's Bluebook, where you can see the posted retail price without joining or paying a fee.  However, you need to pay if you want to access Audiogon's selling price history.  The posted retail price of my speakers was about $2,900 lower than the current retail price, due to refinements and price increases over the 22-year life of the still-current model.  For products with longevity, the appropriate posted retail price could vary based on the specific iteration of the item for sale.

I would only add that I find the Blue Book info pretty useful in gaging value of used items I am intyerested in.

Yes for sophisticated buyers no problem but it is misleading and it  should be corrected.