Audiogon member suggestions for a speaker that sounds good at low volume!!!

I am looking for speaker suggestions (new or used) in the $1000-$4000 range that sound good at low volume (45-50db).  I listen to mostly jazz and classical music late at night while everyone else is sleeping so the volume is low.  My current speakers are Vandy 2CE sigs and they sound good at higher volume levels but I listen most critically, at low volume and hope to do better.  My amp is a Classe CT-2300 with a Classe CP-800 preamp. I have a larger room 20ft X 20ft but seldom listen to music loud. Monitor of floor standing is fine.  

I understand the limitation of human hearing (Fletcher-Munson Curve) and also an appreciation of the synergy of speaker design, speaker placement and room effects.  Anyone out there have a speaker they like at low volume?

Thank you in advance.

128x1282tuby
2tuby next time you are up late nite listening, measure background ambient, your s to n very important also, then let’s start identifying things to reduce/attenuate, eliminate. My problem w Condo system is crashing surf - 45 dB ish... good for Beach Boys, Beethoven not so much...

also, Fletcher Munson might have ya back the 2 closer to wall to get more coupling, Room reinforcement... this will be a pragmatic physical experiment, can also argue why this is not a good idea...try it

best to you

jim
A speaker with elevated highs and bass wouldn't sound so great at normal levels...no free lunch! The "Fletcher-Munson" issue is unavoidable as it’s a reality of human hearing. I have  Klipsch Heresy IIIs that work better than some at low levels, but still...the Schiit Loki is an easy and low impact solution...I use one from time to time, but if I’m seriously listening to something I want every detail getting to my earballs so I generally, even late at night, get to a level that’s not particularly loud but I can hear everything without the Loki in the loop.
Anyone with experience of the Tannoy mini Autographs? Very tempted to try them as desk-top speakers for mostly low-level listening.
I have owned a lot of dipole speakers, and many monkey coffins. Personally I like a combination of art with my music. I am extremely happy with my Emerald Physics KCIIs (94dB)

Also you get a BOM which is an equalizer fr bass. EP sells them. 
Post removed