Audio Technica VM vs. AT-VM series

Audio Technica seems to have updated their VM series cartridges with a parallel AT-VM series. Going mostly by the color of the replaceable stylus portion I see that the older VM models have better reported specs, but I know specs really aren't everything. Does anyone know or have an opinion on how the updated models compare to the original series? I'm not particularly looking for a better cartridge than these, or a better brand. I used the old "caramel" colored Audio Techinca cartridge for years, from the late 70s through the mid 90s and it always seemed like an excellent value. Has anyone else tried the new series? Does anyone else have more specific info on what has changed and whether or not it's generally for the better or worse?
stingray26
Holy Grail of Audio-Technica MM is very rare AT-ML series, the best models are from the early 80’s, you can read more in this sold listing. Upgraded from AT-ML170 OFC to AT-ML180 OCC and this one is in my top5 MM ever.
I can't see two distinct lines at Audio-Technica's European web site, unless you mean VM and VM95, where the latter is the replacement for the old AT-95.
Thanks for your reponses. I have not tried to get in touch with Audio-Technica yet. I do see that they are offering a wider array of a new "AT-VM" line in the US than they are on the European site. There are 6 AT-VM models ranging from $34 - $200USD. AT-VM looks largely like the VM series but with a slightly different shape. The new AT-VM models also have integrated brass threads for the mounting screws which eliminate the need for a nut. Otherwise they use the same color codes for the stylus types, and the styluses are interchangeable among AT-VM models, as well as with the a higher output versions called AT-XP that are aimed at the DJ market.

On closer inspection, I do see that they put the better stylus types on the less expensive cartridge models. So the amber/caramel colored nude round shank elliptical stylus is now on a $120USD model, as opposed to the older $180USD model that comes with the same type of stylus. Their published measurements on the older, more expensive model are better. No surprise.

I just wonder if in practice the older models are better or worse than the new ones. I'm hoping someone who uses the mainstream VM series has tried the new ones and can tell us whether they are any better, worse or relatively unchanged.