Audio synthesis dax 1994

Good morning
i would like to know of any opinions from owners of this dac , i am able to purchase one second hand but unable to audition as it is located in another state, i have a very limited budget but was led to believe it was a very expensive dac in its day, i know its quite old but have heard mid 90s dacs before that sound very good. Any opinions. i have a audio synthesis passion pre amp thats very nice so what about the dax?
Thanks.
steam3642

Showing 2 responses by steam3642

Hi Stan
This unit also has the phase reversal switch and 3 gold knobs , not sure what dac chip it has UltraAnalog or other?. A Burr brown chip perhaps? i'm really not sure as i cannot have a look inside the unit but i have no doubt it would be quite high class.
Thanks so much for the responses.
Thanks again for all your input.
Was just informed that this unit unit does indeed have the Ultra-analog chip set.
I will also be purchasing a Roksan Attessa Belt drive cd transport with it as this seems to be a quality transport. Any one know or heard the Roksan Attessa transport circa 1994 ? it comes complete with brand new (nos)laser unit as a spare cdm4 i believe.
Cheers.