Audio software vinyl to c/d

Hello,
Looking for a software program for transferring my vinyl to c/d with the option of limiting pops and crackles without killing the headroom and sound range.
The ones friends have told me about really hurt the mid to upper tones while limiting/masking the crackles/pops.
and most set the music into an mp3 file.. great for the I pod but i'd rather non compressed music to the c/d other than the rate the c/d would be.
I have a ton of vinyl from my era and before, bunch of 50's 45's and my Grandma's big band collection. that I'd like to transfer over to cd. i'd use my dvdr recorder if I thought that format wasn't going to be dead and finding players down the line being a p.i.t.a.
Also my dad wants to transfer his vinyl and 8 tracks over to c/d and refuses ipods/flash drives etc. he wants c/d's for in his truck.. must be the age group. as he always had a case of 8 tracks in the vehicles, lol.
Any help and insite here would be great.
I have a c/d audio HiFi recorder the limiting factor there is it doesn't have any way to remove/limit the pops/crackles from the source material, and with many albums long since out of print that I had as a teen and while a DJ they have some crackle/pops from not the best handling.
stich626

Showing 1 response by stich626

@Jfrech, I hear ya on the c/d's sounding better than an ipod, but in this case the vehicle in question is a 1971 chevy c-10 pick up, not the best acoustic environment for music , the c/d's will stay home, and be used there.

and everyone thanks for the help..