Audio Research VT110 mk11 or Audio Research reference 110?

Which amplifiers should I buy?
Audio Research VT110 mk11 or Audio Research reference 110?
The price is about $ 1700 for VT110 and $ 3500 for reference 110.
Is reference 110 worth double money or will I settle for Vt110?
How do they stand against modern amplifiers in the same price range 1700 to 3500 dollars?
titus1
Titus,   I believe the amplifier you're referring to is the VT 100 Mark two.   I could be wrong but I do not believe audio research ever made an amplifier called the VT 110. 

It any rate, I own the VT 100 Mark two,  it is an excellent amplifier, but it is beginning to show its age and there are some significant upgrades with a new were amplifier such as the reference 110. 

Your  pricing is a bit off.  The VT100 Mark two is probably worth about $2500 if it's in top condition. The reference 110 is worth about $4500-$5000. Of course prices do very on the second and market so you might be able to get a better deal.

If you have the funds for the reference 110, you will get a more modern amplifier with a better design when it comes to replacing the tubes and biasing them. Going from memory, I also think that the reference 110 can use KT 150 tubes. Which is an advantage.  That and the fact that the reference series of products from ARC are considered their top-of-the-line products and should sound better accordingly.
Indeed the reference 110 is an amplifier that I am considering to replace mine with.  hope that's helpful! Good luck!