Audio Research VT100 MK1 and LS15 HELP!!!

I recently bought this set VT100MK1 and preamp LS15 and while I was at this seller house he demonstrated the sound from his online Tidal on TV connect optical to the DAC Luxman DA - 06 then this go to the preamp LS15 and out into the VT100. This set up sounds amazing at his house. However, when I came home play CD from the Sony X1100ES Blu-ray player RCA output into the LS15 and out to the VT100 and it sound horrible - no bass at all in any type of music.  The sound sometime muffle and not clear and most importantly the bass missing tremendously. Im using a pair of KEF R900 Speakers. What is wrong here? can anyone help me correct the sounds? it is because I didn’t have the Luxman DA - 06 DAC? or it is because I don’t have those fancy hundred - thousands of dollars cable?  or the CD source is playin at 41khz /16 bit not high enough signal?  

This is my first system and I don’t know why I can’t get that high fidelity sound from the ARC equipments.  I'm waiting for the Audioengine B1 to arrive so I can stream Spotify into the LS15.   What is wrong with my set up?  Thank you in advance for helping me solve this.
kentrent

Showing 3 responses by atmasphere

@atmasphere im not quite understand what you’re saying... can u explain. Thanks
@kentrent  Yes:

Play a track with bass that you know.
Go to the back of one speaker, left or right doesn't matter. Reverse the speaker connections.

Play the bass track again. Did it get better? If yes => good, if no=> it was right the first time.
But i cant explain why my arc setup is low bass response.  I’m kinda sad and disappointed that i spend a lot of money but im not getting the sound i want.
Again- did you swap the phase on **only one loudspeaker**?
If you did both you would not find anything out. You have to swap the phase on just one.
I did try all of that. Speakers setup connection is correct. I did link them and not biwire.  
OK- so you checked the phase of the speakers, and by that I mean you changed the phase on **only one of them** and played a bass track and there was no improvement. Right?
Is the room rectangular? Are the speakers facing into the long dimension of the room (If not, bass will suffer)?