audio research vs100 with long speaker cable runs

i've been checking out the ARC vs100, but i am concerned about the long (22') speaker cables that i use. the cables are kimber 4tc, and i have the long runs in order to keep the concealed in my living room. i'm using totem forests at this time, and also have some concerns about this power hungry little speaker. have been thinking about a switch to the sonus faber cremona auditor.

anyone have experience using the vs 100 with long cable runs? your input would be appreciated!
skuras

Showing 1 response by cylinderking_1

I do not have experiance with the ARC, but I do have some experiance w/ long cables. I know people say don`t do it but remember if we did all things to perfection it would also be a perfect world. I did the same as you I run a pair of 30ft audioquest mamoth from a mc352 to a pair of mezzo`s with good results. My issue sounds simular to your`s, (space). I realize I may lose a litte in dynamics but I don`t feel it`s as major as some of these guy`s talk about. I feel you need weigh the pro`s and con`s of this issue. You could of course upgrade the cable`s but lets see 2x 22=44 thats some major green on cable.