Audio Research Ref. 3, Ref. 5, or the Ref. 5se.

I am looking to add a Audio Research preamp. Looking at the Ref. 3,5,5se. The 5se is a bit high in price.

I have a Wadia S7i CDP up front with Pass Labs XA100.8 amps. I am using Vandersteen Quarto Wood CT speakers. Witch Audio Research would make the best sense to go with.

Thanks for the help Russ.

russb
I just bought a used ARC Ref5 SE! The improvement from my previous LS17SE is great especially the balanced in for my home theatre setup. Concert sounded so good now!

The used preamp stated about 2600 hours of usage. I read about tube life for Ref5SE, the 6h30p tubes for the preamp part can last 4000 hours while the tubes for the power supply part can only last 2000 hours... does it meant that I should change the tubes already?

I was thinking of ordering a set of tubes from tube store... there are 3 options... Original, Premium and Ultimate Package. Original cost $185.70, Premium ( Electro-Harmonix 6H30Pi Gold) cost $209.70. The Ultimate (Reflector 6H30p-DR) cost $1609.70... more than 8 x the price of original tubes!

Should I change the tube now and which tube package should I go for?

Thanks for the Advice!
ARC recommends replacement of 6550s after 2,000 hours. The 6H30s should be replaced after 4,000 hours.
Any fuse recomendation for my ARC Ref. 10 preamp? I'm considering SR Blue or Audio Horizons Platinum...