Audio Research Ref 110 vs. ARC HD220

Has anyone heard these two amps side by side. I am familiar with technical/theoretical differences, but I have yet to hear them in a way where I could compare. I know the 110 is all tubes vs the hybrid design of the HD220. I have an LS26 and a CD3 MkII already. I currently own Vandersteen 3a sigs and am strongly considering the Vandersteen quatros. Given my equipment what are your thoughts about those two amps. I am concerned about the 110's out capabilities since I occasionally like to listen at loud volume levels. Both speakers are in essentially the same price range so price is of little issue. I have yet to see/read a review of the 220 and I know the 110 has been enthusiastically acclaimed.
Thanks for your input.
128x128jhconnor
Well I heard them both side by side for a long time. The Ref 110 has more bloom but the HD220 has more slam and bass attack. Also I felt the HD220 is more synamic. For female voices the Ref110 was better. For Jazz and pop music the HD220 was much better to my opinion.

Overall I preferred the HD220. If it is better than a big Krell for example I do not know. I found the sound very good, much better than any ARC solid state amps I ever heard. I found their solid state amps horrible and the HD220 fantastic.

Peter
To my ears, Ref 110 excells at microdynamics, purity of tone, Resolution, HF extension and air, soundstage depth and image bloom and musiacal flow. HD220 has more bass slam and articulation + better macrodynamics.
Has anyone heard HD220 with VT150 monos side by side.  I have yet to hear them in a way where I could compare. I know the VT150 is all tubes vs the hybrid design of the HD220. I have an Ref 3. I currently own Apogee Duetta Signature. Given my equipment what are your thoughts about those two amps. I am concerned about the VT150's out capabilities since I occasionally like to listen at loud volume levels. I have yet to see/read a review of the 220 or the VT150.
Thanks for your input.